5.31.2015

Our Family of 6!

October 15th 2014 we found out big news...we were pregnant with baby #4! I actually found out at 1 or 2am that morning and we were spending the night at my parents house in Utah. We had just gotten back from a little vacation in St. George and we were picking up Bree and driving home the next day. I wanted to wait until we were home and plan a fun way to tell Brian. Too bad I am not that good of a planner because I think I just waited until he came home from work that day and said something really cheesy like, "are you ready to start changing diapers again?" Brian was probably just surprised that I could even keep it a secret for almost an entire day :)
Here is the nasty, "I peed on a stick picture", but it is always exciting to see the double line....even if it is very faint.

So here I am, writing this post, almost 38 weeks along and have neglected to post a single thing on this blog about being pregnant! Maybe it is because I felt super nauseous for the first trimester and only ate pie and other comfort food, gained a quick 20 pounds, and watched Netflix in bed, or maybe it was because I was just trying to keep up with three other busy girls and their myriad of requests and activities...Who knows?

But we are all SOOOO SUPER EXCITED that we get the meet our sweet baby girl soon! Last Sunday, I had a close call and thought I was in labor and went to the hospital after three hours of contractions that were two minutes apart. After drinking a lot of water and waiting it out the contractions went away and we went home. I had heard of this happening before but it was kind of embarrassing to me that here I am having #4 child and get sent home from the hospital. I thought that stuff only happened with the first child!

This last week Brian and I got so many projects done around the house and just are kind of getting caught up on life, so I am really glad that we have a little more time to get things in order before she comes.

Brian leaves for California for four days tomorrow so this baby just needs to stay in there a little longer.

We found out clear back in November around Thanksgiving time that we are having a girl! We did a new genetic test called a Panorama test that checks for down syndrome and other genetic disorders and it also tell you the gender so that was a fun added bonus. I had had at least two dreams where I found out was having a girl, so I wasn't really surprised when the nurses called and told us over the phone. 
 This is the way we announced to the world that we were keeping it pink!

Even with kind of already kind of knowing from dreams we weren't having a boy I was a little a  little bummed to get the official news. I just felt like there is an entire different world of boy experiences that we were not going to have as a family, but as the months have marched on those feelings have completely gone away! I think a family of four girls is just what we are suppose to have and Brian and the girls are just as excited as can be for a little baby girl and sister! Shopping has been fun too because now everything I buy I feel even more justified since multiple girls will be fitting into it at one point or another.

Right from the beginning the girls have been calling this baby Rosie, which I just love! Brian and I thought we should have a longer name and then Rosie could be more of a nickname, so we decided on Roselyn. We are now trying to decide from a few middle names, but so glad we have finally agreed that Roselyn is her name since we were undecided a few weeks ago.

Here are some ultrasound pics and a few baby bump pictures. 
Bree is quite the helper at the dr. office and insists on putting my cup of pee in the door in the wall. Gross, I know! Her hands get washed really well when she is done.
 My hospital bracelet from my first out of two visits in the hospital this pregnancy. This one was crazy. I'm not sure I've ever been in so much pain in my entire life. Glad that is over, whatever it was.
 32 weeks
 About 34 weeks pregnant at Sadie's dance competition in Utah.
 35 weeks pregnant.
 36 weeks and a pregnant horse due one months after me.
37 weeks

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love the pic of Bree, so proud to be in charge of the pee cup!