6.12.2015

Sadie's Last Day of 1st Grade

 Sadie had field day for the last day of school. The younger girls and I wanted to go watch and take some pictures, but when we got to the school they were doing an assembly with a jump rope group. It felt like we had gone back in time to the early 90's. These kids were amazing doing all sorts of jump rope tricks. We saw Sadie sitting there enjoying the assembly. No pictures, but we had fun watching for awhile until it was time to go visit teaching.
 We always have to do this pose since Sadie first did it when she was going to preschool!
 Bree wanted to show off her letter cards. She carries these all around the house and begs everyone to play, "what sound does this make". She is one smart cookie!
 
I thought it would be a fun, new tradition to spray Sadie with silly string as she got off the bus on the last day of school! So we walked down a little early to the bus stop. I practiced with the girls spraying the string because I didn't want them to shoot Sadie in the eye, and I told them they had to help me clean up when we were done. 
 They had amazing aim and covered my camera on their practice shot.
 Little did we know that Sadie was going to get off the bus in tears! They kept spraying and I was completely confused to why this girl would be sad.
 She composed herself for just a moment to take some pictures with friends before she raced home crying again. Come to find out that instead of having Mrs. Cherry for 1st and 2nd grade, they decided to tell the children on the last day of school that plans had changed, and Mrs. Cherry was going to stay in 1st grade due to new challenging curriculum. I am just as bummed as Sadie is! Mrs. Cherry pushed these kids all year long and was so wonderful to work with! It's been about a week and Sadie is feeling a little better about things. Hopefully the sad feelings don't resurface again at the end of summer!

No comments: