Halloween was a busy day! That morning I had a newborn shoot and then we went to our neighbors sealing in the temple. While we were gone poor Sadie threw up (she had been sick for pretty much the entire month of October, but is feeling much better now). After Sadie’s nap we went to the ward trunk-or-treat and Emmy slept while Brian did homework. It wasn’t our wards activity, but I still knew a ton of people. We took a bag of candy to contribute so we didn’t feel like total mooches. I did the best job I could on Sadie’s makeup, but face painting is definitely not my specialty.
We carved pumpkins the night before Halloween.
We had our traditional chili and cornbread, but Brian decided that my usual open a can of chili tradition was lame and made it from scratch. Ever since then he has been making his weekly crock-pot full of chili and eats it for lunch. This last time he made it with chicken. It’s delicious! Later that night we took the girls trick-or-treating to a few houses and then Brian took Sadie to Grandma’s and Poppa’s house.
I just pulled these pictures off the video camera with a screen capture so they probably aren’t the best.
2 comments:
Sounds like a Hallowrific time. Sometime I ought to bare my testimony of the how grateful I am for the church celebrations at Holidays. Looks like a super fun time.
What a fun Halloween! Your girls were so cute! I love your pumpkins too! What cute carvings you guys did! Good luck!
Post a Comment