7.10.2009

Happy Birthday Sadie!

Our baby turned one year old on Wednesday! It is quite the milestone and it is just amazing to me how much she has grown and changed in only a year. We decided to celebrate by having a luau for our little hula baby! We ate kalua pork, long grain rice, sweet potatoes, pineapple and coconut.

Here is Sadie's cake in all it's glory. It was my first attempt at using fondant...actually really my first attempt at making a decorated cake in general so I was pretty happy with the result. In case you are wondering it is suppose to be a grass skirt bottom and the top layer is kinda like mix between a starfish and a flower.

Sadie was spoiled by her grandparents, aunt and Brian and I. Altogether she got 31 books which seems like a lot, but that is what we do most of the day so it will help keep Sadie and I sane!

Brian was mowing the lawn on Tuesday and decided to add some eye candy to our yard. He is such a cute dad!


We didn't really know what to expect with the whole b-day cake, but Sadie just aggressively dug in with both hands and then very delicately would bring her hands to her mouth to get a taste. Such a funny little girl!
Here are Sadie's latest stats... Weight 18lbs. 5 oz (17th % not really proud of this one, I swear I feed my child!), Length 30.25" (88%) Head Cir. 18.75" (98%) So she still has got a big head, but there are a lot of brains to hold in there :)

We love our little HULA BABY!

15 comments:

Us Bailey's said...

Happy Birthday Sadie! I like the hula party idea and you did a great job on your cake! You would never guess its your first time! Glad Sadie had such a good first birthday!

Kimberly said...

That lawn detailing is awesome! So fun.

Brian said...

Dang, I've got a couple of cute girls.

Lisa said...

Love the cake, & yes Brian you have some cute girls. I love your fun pics, I need a program that can do that.

Mom and Dad Stewart said...

We loved partying with Sadie. She certainly is our favorite ONE YEAR OLD!!! What a super cutie!

Kristine said...

Fun!! Your cake turned out great! So many cute pictures in this post! How did Brian get up so high to take that picture of the lawn?

Brenda said...

Not only a professional photographer, but cake decorator as well....Whoaaaa~~~~~
Thanks for sharing Sadie's big day with the south of the border crew...ie...Idaho's border~~

Krishele said...

Love the coconuts! Cute idea to do a luau...you're so creative. I like the grass art too.

Kelly said...

Thanks everyone.

Kristine - We tried getting the pic from our deck, but it was way too big so Brian got up on the roof. I told him I wanted to, but he of course knows I am accident prone so I had to stay on the ground.

Katie said...

Sadie is THE cutest! I love all your creative digiscrapping too! What a fun and loving family you Stewarts are :)

Megan said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love how Brian mowed your lawn with Sadies name in it.

Belnap Family said...

Great pictures of the festivities!!! I love that little Sadie. I'm glad she had a fun birthday!

Kristine said...

I thought it looked like the roof- Brian's brave! That's pretty high up there. Made a great picture though!

natalie said...

hula baby! i love it. happy bday sadie.
Hey don't worry about her weight. Bryn was and is the same way. She was 18 pounds on her 1st bday too. She eats tons and grows at a steady rate. She is just a skinny minney and I think it's cute!

love her name in the lawn. that lawn must take forever to mow!

natalie said...

oh and i love the cake! how did you learn to do fondant?