12.15.2009

The Days Before Christmas

Sunday evening we got really ambitious, changed out of our PJ's and took a family picture in front of our tree before going out to see Christmas lights around town. Brian created a very really nice little scene around the tree, I figured out how to use the timer on my new camera, and Sadie didn't break her necklace, so all in all I say it was a success.

Last Monday for FHE we went out Christmas tree shopping. Brian said I got to get a full tree this year because that is what I had growing up in Oregon. Our friend told us about a lot across town where her cousin was selling trees and was a good deal. I couldn't be any more excited when I saw the trees were from Oregon. They were cut only two days before we picked it up too so it was so fresh and smells wonderful!

Here is our Christmas tree progression throughout the years. I really think our tree back in 07' was pretty cool too. We called it "the Spear".

Sadie was all excited to go on an outing and then knocked off about ten minutes into the drive, but now that the tree is up she likes to roll around under it and really enjoy the lights.

We rented Julie & Julia this last weekend and the movie was a bit dull, but really good at the same time (Meryl Streep is pretty awesome in it) and after the movie we must have been in a weird mood because we challenged each other to a photography dual (this has been happening quite a bit lately) to see who could get the coolest picture of the tree... I think I declare myself the winner!

9 comments:

devrie said...

A picture where I can see your cute belly! You look awesome! And I decided I need to come take photography lessons from you. Miss you guys!

Belnap Family said...

Wahoo GREAT Christmas tree!!! I'm glad you didn't get a crappy one from "our" lot. Yours is a lot better! I'm jealous, I want that little word art that says our Christmas tree 2009

Kimberly said...

Such fun pictures to see! I'm not a fan of you wearing that dress we both have PREGNANT and showing me up. :)

Towne Family said...

Dang, Bri. Where'd all your insulation go? You both look great!!!

Krishele said...

That's an amazing tree! I love it. And how in the world did you get the crazy photo at the end?

Katie said...

Did you make that hat for Sadie? So stylish! Yeah, who knows what Brian's Christmas tree picture looks like but CLEARLY who could be that picture!

Us Bailey's said...

Cute family picture! I love the pictures of your last trees! I would say you did a GREAT job this year! Picture perfect in fact! Good luck! Oh, and I have a crazy question -- is your moniter calibrated at all? If so, I have a couple questions for you. Thanks and good luck again!

k8e said...

You are so good to take pictures every year by your tree! I want to do that but our tree is half decorated this year. I can't keep my little monster from taking all the ornaments off! :o)

Scott and Collette said...

The tree is fabulous! Got your Christmas card--also fabulous!