7.12.2011

Window Pane Collage

Back in May, I decided to tackle this huge wall in our livingroom that I could never quite decide how to decorate. Whatever it was I knew it needed to be large, otherwise it wasn't going to look right. I got really excited about my first attempt with the folding screens and I thought I was being creative, but really, lets be honest...it was LAME and dreary.
This pic was back in 2007 when we first moved into our home...love the rabbit ears behind the TV...very classy :)
Our living room from May - June...yuck!
 Here is the "after" and I love how bright and cheery it is. Not to mention that I finally have a great place to put some family photos! I may add some 5x7 pics to the frame on the top left.
I found sound summery vinyl to add some interest to the windows.
It is still a work in progress and I am sure I will change it up a lot, but I am happy with it for now :)
 
None of this could have happened without Brian! He has been so great in my decorating adventures/disappointments. He just always willing to hang and unhang things throughout the house. So here is my hubby's shout out because he is so cool... I totally appreciate you Bri! Love you lots and thanks for putting up with me :)! I would say I owe you one, but I did go see Transformers with your this weekend so I think we are even right?!?

6 comments:

Belnap Family said...

YOU are soooo creative and crafty! Stop pretending that you need help decorating, you are wonderful at it. I really like the way this turned out!!!

Us Bailey's said...

Your wall turned out soo cute!!! Great job! I love the flowers on the windows!

Us Bailey's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharee said...

Wow! You did a wonderful job! I love the final result! I miss having a house to decorate... someday.

Katie said...

Gorgeous...absolutely stunning! You and Martha need to stop hanging out so much. You're making the rest of us look bad :)

natalie said...

love it! I've got a few huge walls in my house that need some work, but for now I'll just envy yours. great job!