8.27.2012

Stewart Family Reunion

The expression on Emmy's face says it all. She LOVES her cousin and especially Maddy. I was impressed with how strong Maddy was to haul Emmy all over the place! We had a family reunion with the extended Stewart Family in Ephraim Utah. The first night we went to the Hill Cumorah pageant and although I spent a lot of time with Emmy at the port a podies (she was at the beginning of potty training) I still really enjoyed it and the spirit that was there.
 It is so nice hanging out with the Towne cousins because it is like having four best friends/babysitters around and my girls are entertained and taken care of. I love it! They are all such great examples too. I remember Sadie was talking back to me and disobeying and Rylee told her right away that she needed to listen to me. I need her around at all times because of course Sadie would do exactly what her cool cousin told her to do. 
 Tyce is really close to Emmy's age and has the cutest smile. You just have to work to get it ;)
 The day after the pageant we did a road rally where we drove to a lot of locations with Stewart family history ties. It was nice seeing so much of Manti and the surrounding towns.
 Here is Brian's sister Nikki and her energetic family!
 I am still training my girls to look at the camera and smile, but for now we will just be happy with a hanging out pose.

 I stuck Emmy and Tyce up on a high window ledge so I could get a picture of them together. I am sure Tyce will shoot up taller than Emmy soon enough, but for now Emmy is winning. 
 That night everyone was going up to have a campfire in the mountains, but Emmy and Bree were sick with fevers so we stayed at the dorms and watched a movie. Luckily everyone didn't stay long and Brian came back to save me. We had a great night of learning about Stewart family history.
 These two are so much alike it cracks me up. Sadie is constantly teasing her Daddy and loves to get a rise out of him (just like someone I know), Sadie always asks me if Daddy likes a certain food before trying something new and if he does then she automatically like it too. When you get these two laughing together is when they look the most alike.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Nice job surviving a reunion with three small children. I use to send Katie with your dad to reunions and I would stay home with babies. Luckily Brian is such a good helper. Auntie Ev was impressed by what a good dad Brian is. Love the picture of Brian and Sadie with their noses smooshed!

Towne Family said...

You're such a great dad, Bri! You and Kelly are amazing parental examples :)