8.27.2012

Summer Races

Brian and I have been doing a few races this summer. The last one we did was the MADD run which was the same day as our ward softball tournament so we were pretty dead by the end of the day. This is our second year doing this race and we assumed it started at the park next to our house like last year, but about ten minutes before the race was to start the park was completely deserted so we rushed to Snake River Landing where it actually started and made it just in time. It was fun running a new course we weren't used too. There was quite a bit of incline on this run, but I still improved my time by 3 minutes in the 10K. We signed the girls up for a Fun Run and they both got a free t-shirt and running numbers, but we had a softball game at the same time and we were the team captains so we couldn't really leave. The girls were super excited about the thought of it though, so I want to find another run for them sometime soon.
MADD Run - July 28th
 Bone to Back - June 23rd
This was my first race back since having a baby and I actually felt better running it compared to last year. My team went all out and decorated the van and made tails and had a lot of team comradary. I felt bad that I sort of just showed up ran my leg and then had to be home to help take care of children, but still I always love doing the Bone to Back race. 
Firekracker Run - July 4th
This was Brian and my third year doing the Firekracker run and it has become our 4th of July tradition! We always have to wake everyone up early though and it turns out to be a long day, but this year we did the run, went to the parade and then took a long nap, so I think it turned out to be a great day (but I'll post all about that later). Devin and Neesha were up visiting from Colorado and it was nice to leave the kids at Grandmas and Papa's house and have an early morning activity together. 
 

I took this picture of of the vector timing facebook page.


I am trying to convince Brian to do one more race with me this year, but we can't decide which one. Any suggestions? I am thinking either a 1/2 marathon or a 10K.

2 comments:

natalie said...

I have been catching up on your blog. Your family is so cute! And Kelly you look AMAZING! I would say "no fair" but I know you work hard to look so good, so props to you! But I am still jealous. ;)

devrie said...

I agree, you look fantastic! And the spud run in Shelley is always a fun one. They have a 5k, 10k, and half. Not a ton of people run the longer races so you always place well! :) Great job Kelly!