8.09.2007

Field of Greens

We have been playing a lot of catch in preparation for the softball season starting on Monday. Tonight we added batting to the lineup. We brushed up our skills at a place called the Field of Greens. This ghetto batting park is just up the street from where we live. The balls were coming so fast that we were getting tired, so we decided to keep half of the tokens for another day.
Other than softball, Brian has been playing bball with ward members Wednesday nights. He was hitting a lot of three pointers last night, so I hear. They play pretty late so I haven't gone and watched yet. In my attempt to be active, I have been running on my treadmill while watching, "So You Think You Can Dance." (I wish I could dance like Sabra!) I really like this show and it takes my mind off the monotony of it all. Brian and I also like to go for bike rides around The Village. There is an airport runway really close to where we live so we always stop and watch a few planes take off. Fun Stuff!!
This next week we are going to Bear Lake with Brian's family. Brian and I are going to attempt wake boarding. (aahhh) This will definitely be interesting since neither of us has ever done this. I went water skiiing once and Brian hasn't been for a decade. I'm sure the wake board will get the better of us, but we will give it our all.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE that show too. That girl is so amazing. I make Dan watch it with me...I think he secretly likes it. I make him watch all of the dancing shows though, maybe someday I will make him take lessons with me!

natalie said...

That looks so fun! I love that first picture of Brian.
hahaha. The only things Noel and I do together that resembles exercise are play tennis and go to the pool. I will have to look for some batting cages... that is a good idea.
Have fun at Bear lake!

Kelly said...

Yeah, I got up on the wakeboard and cruised around Bear Lake! Pics soon to come.

rebecs said...

hows that hawaii/home run bet going?

Kelly said...

We are only playing our games at this one field where it is almost impossible for the guys to hit it over, so I am out of luck. But Brian keeps playing these games while we are at the park such as run around that tree so many times in so many seconds and we can start planning a trip. I think he really just does this to get a good laugh, but I will keep you posted!