Here is a run down of the festivities...
CHRISTMAS EVE
WE...
-Made a present and gave it to someone special in our ward.
-Went to the Museum to see the nativities and gingerbread houses
-Got in our PJ’s and had a wonderful feast of all our favorite foods.
-Read Twas the night before Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Brian and I watched a movie.
-Put cookies out for Santa.
-Sprinkled reindeer food in the front of our house. It had oats, sprinkles, and Christmas candy corns in it. Sadie thought it was magical and still brings it up.
And Sadie gave me the best gift ever of going #2 on the potty without me coaxing her. Thank you Sadie! (Maybe a little TMI for you’ll but hey...these are OUR memories
)
CHRISTMAS DAY
The morning began at 6:30am with a blowout from Emmy. The day got much better though...
Sadie was pretty excited about her dolly house, but MUCH more excited about her high heel dress up shoes. Santa had a hard time figuring out what to get for Emmy and then finally found this cool doctors toy thing (what do you call them) at Target. Santa brought Brian and I two portable TV’s for the car! It has already been such a lifesaver on our drive up to Ashton and Utah. A much needed distraction for two busy girls. Brian also got Jazz tickets and a bunch of cellphone accessories and I got a cool Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet that was fun to play around with for awhile...until I decided to trade it in for something else though, so stay tuned for that post (it’s a good one).
The store sold out of Rhoades Rolls, so I had to make our traditional monkey bread from scratch. Luckily the week before there was an enrichment on how to make bread, so I had a nice refresher coarse and it turned out pretty good.
After opening presents and a lot of playing, we went to Papa and Grandma’s house for Christmas #2!
We opened some awesome presents including a meat slicer for Brian so he can make the best Bulgogi around. Sadie and Emmy got some super cute pillow pets and now I understand why they are all the rage. My children are bonded with their pillows. It is kinda funny to watch them nuzzle up with them. Later we had a delicious turkey dinner.
Just a random cute pic of Emmy. Enjoy!
1 comment:
What a cute glamour shot of Emmy. She looks like a little princess. Love the pix of the girls and their Christmas adventures. That's a HUGE doll house! What a fun bunch of gals to hang out with:)
Post a Comment