Here are my first pictures of 2011. I just skipped right over New Years (which was unforgettably amazingly fun and I will get to those soon). Brian and I took a little vaca to Vegas last week. It was Brian’s in-between semesters refueling. Really though we worked our butts off seeing the city and walking up and down the strip a few times. Here are some of the highlights of the trip.
-Shows, shows, shows. You may be wondering what two goodie too-shoes do in Vegas. We went to a Nathan Burton Magic/Variety show on Tuesday, Cirque du Soleil KA on Wed, and The Lion King on Thursday. I was in heaven! And yes I traded in my Christmas present for Lion King tickets and it was so worth it. What was even better is the guy taking our tickets upgraded our seats because he said we were nice... which was cool because I started noticing that people are just not as nice when you get out of the Utah-Idaho bubble.
-Ate ourselves silly. We went to three buffets and I was remembering why I had sworn off buffets. The breakfast buffet was cool though because they had an amazing dessert selection. So after eating all the breakfast goodies I justified eating an entire plate of desserts because it was like 10:30am...and that’s pretty close to lunch in my book. We came back and my stomach has not been the same since. I just want to eat and eat.
Note to self: Do not watch the Food Network/Travel Channel. They always have fun shows on where they tell you the “best” places to eat when you are traveling and then I feel obligated to eat at all of them.
-Fulfilled my dream of riding the NY, NY roller coaster (we got off feeling achy and dizzy..signs that we are getting too old for that kind of stuff and it made us a little sad). Fulfilled Brian’s dream of going to the Pawn Stars shop. He likes that show. Too bad none of the dudes were there. I was kinda hoping to meet Chumley.
Just a few more random pictures. It was so much FUN!
-And how could I forget. The coolest thing ever. I just LOVE the fountains at the Bellagio. The Titanic song, My Heart Will Go On used to be my favorite of the songs there until we saw the Hallelujah Chorus show. It really was breathtaking.
3 comments:
What a fun time! I need to have a get out of town weekend. Winters are always hard here! Glad you had a fun time!!!
Wow...you did more in three days than I have done in the last three trips there. I'm glad you whooped it up....now back to dark and dreary winter reality:(
Oh that looks sooooo fun! I really am jealous of all the shows you went to. I loved all your pictures. Greg loves that Pawn show too (well me too, but don't tell anyone) Now I just really want to go BAD!
Post a Comment