This Halloween and pretty much this entire month we've had to scale back on some of the Halloween traditions that we have always done in the past, such as going to the pumpkin patch, the FHE Halloween reading night at the library, and Halloween crafts at home. I was in charge of Super Saturday this month, plus a few other things came up that were unexpected, but very time consuming. I was sort of sad about missing out, esp the pumpkin patch until I realized we ended up doing a lot of new Halloween activities and started new traditions. Plus, there is always next year.
Brian had to run the missionaries across town right after work, so the girls were getting anxious waiting for him to get home so we could go around the neighborhood. Sadie was so fast that she was always a few houses ahead of us.
I was snapping pictures of the girls before we left and thought it was hilarious how their expression and attention shifted once they saw a group of trick-or-treaters coming. 

Some of the adorable girls in our ward.
Sadie knew what to do.
Bree was so excited to run around that she kept ditching her candy bag.
What a toothy grin!
Our next door neighbor always goes all out and wore a Darth Vador costume this year. After this house Sadie zipped ahead of us and left us in her dust.

Brian was sporting his Letterman's jacket.
Being at the end of a culdesac is pretty great because we get nice breaks from people ringing the doorbell. Not to mention it was cold and windy so that deterred many kids from venturing out. My friend, and next door neighbor came over and we hung out while the husbands were taking the kids around. This may need to be one of those new traditions I was talking about. Sadie saw this picture and said, "Mom, why isn't your smile as cute as Gabby's!" Gotta love that honesty!
Too bad I didn't have time to get Brian's face all tatted up!
I didn't have time to make our traditional chili dinner, so Brian picked up some Wendy's chili (both of our favorite chili anyways) and I made some sante fe cornbread and for our drink Brian bought dry ice to make it special. We had ran out of time to eat together so we pulled the dry ice out that night after the girls went to bed. They got to see the videos we took and these pictures, so now we are going to have to buy more so they can see it in person.








No comments:
Post a Comment