12.25.2013

December Happenings

I just scanned through all the pictures on this post really fast and realized my girls are wearing these same kitties dresses in almost every picture! My Mom bought them matching dresses and it has been their uniform for most of the month......

Decorating the tree. First we decorated the tree with all of our older ornaments because I couldn't find hooks for the news ones I wanted to use. The girls got super excited about all the vintage ornaments Brian and I grew up with.

 Then we set up the fun train set my Mom gifted us last year. After a few weeks I just had to put it away because the girls kept knocking it off the tracks and I was going CRAZY setting it up over and over for them each day. I just had to stay sane!
 Aunt Nikki and Matt came to visit and we got to spend some nice time with them. I should have taken a few more pictures because I am now seeing Aunt Nikki's eyes are closed. Sorry!!
 We do the December advent countdown calendar with activities and one of the days was Break the Ice. I love that they get so excited about the littlest things. I also love that Sadie is old enough to set the game up now!! Their favorite part each day was having a little sugar each morning. For about a third of the days I just put mint or candy cane M&M's for their treat. Such a great way to start each morning.
 We missed Brian's school party with Santa and the ward Christmas party didn't have a Santa (they had Mary and Joseph...which was way better!) So the girls were a little worried we weren't going to see Santa this year, so we made a special trip to the mall and boy did he have some rosy cheeks.
 Bree of course came through and threw a great big baby fit! Well done Bree!
 I mostly avoid the mall like the plague...and not just during the holidays. This is pretty much year round because I almost always have kids with me and they just run every which direction, so it was fun to be there if only for a little while to see some Christmas displays. I just love shopping online, what can I say.
 We went to Mom's Chorallaries concert and it was seriously awesome! Best Chorallaries concert we've been to yet!
 This last Sunday I wanted a quick picture of the girls in Christmas dresses in front of the tree and before I could pose them I had to snap this sweet sister moment to show that they truly love and need each other! Sadie was showing them what her super sweet primary teachers gave her. Her teachers make me want to be better at my calling. They are always going to extra mile to teach and make each child feel special in their primary class. Emmy gets to go into primary in two week! Hurray for Emmy. She has been in nursery for two and a half years!

 Mr. Jingles came and hid in a lot of fun places. It is pretty much a game of hide and seek all month long. He doesn't play tricks or do anything too extreme. He did bring us some winter socks one day which was thoughtful of him. The girls are SO SUPER excited each morning to see where he ends up. Sadie swears she even saw him or his shadow run across the living room in the basement one day when she was down there by herself. Pretty exciting stuff, if I do say so!
 The girls picked out their ornament this year. Emmy and Bree's matched our "Frozen" sparkle tree and Sadie picked out a stuffed animal bear that she put on the tree in her room.
 The girls thought stringing popcorn was a nice Sunday afternoon activity. Sadie made hers really fast and Emmy kept saying, "Mine will get long soon," and then she eat a piece off her string. Let's just say that Emmy's never had more than five pieces of popcorn. She also ate the entire string Sadie made off their tree each! Gotta love that girl!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Those girls are too cute! I love that Emmy ate all the popcorn :) Excited to see you guys this weekend!!