I was just reminiscing about all of the yummy food I have ate this pregnancy. Here goes nothing...
The one thing that gets me out of bed at 6:30am Monday through Friday is my daily bowl of Malt-o-Meal Raisin Bran! I can remember on so many different occasions driving to work with Brian and telling him how excited I was to eat my bowl of cereal when I got to work. Cheap thrill I know!
In my first trimester when I would get morning sickness I drank a lot of grapefruit juice. The flavor seemed to calm my stomach and has a wonderful tart aftertaste. I don't like it from concentrate though. It has to be the expensive kind that is 100% juice and comes in a bottle in the refrigerated section of the store.
This next one I am a little embarrassed about... the Beef and Cheddar from Arby's has been the main source of packing on the recommended pregnancy poundage and more! The last time I was at Arby's and ordered the Beef and Cheddar, I had to ask for a side of cheddar because they didn't put enough on the sandwich. I couldn't bare it going to waste, so I dipped my curly fries into the remainder of the cheddar. Pretty gross to the average taste buds, but I can't get enough of that bright yellow cheese!
Our baby may come out with slanted eyes and a faint pickled cabbage smell from all of the Korean food Brian has been feeding me. I have learned how to make a few dishes, but Brian still reigns supreme when it comes to the Korean cooking.
I have been eating a lot of the cheap soft serve from Maverick. Mint and peach are my favorite flavors, but they don't make the rotation too often which is a bummer. Because of this, I like to get the medium size bowl and fill it up about twice as high as the top of the container, and then when I get it home I transfer it to a tupperware so I can freeze it and eat it the remainder of the week.
I think that about covers it all... I would be very surprised if people are still reading at this point, but I will go on out of boredom... I decided to put this into a pie chart because A. I felt the need for a visual to accurately portray the lack of nutrition I am providing this baby B. I am a huge nerd and C. I had this strange urge to try and remember how to make a pie chart. (I won't tell you how long it took me :)
So, I am curious what all of the prego woman out there are craving these days. I only have 19 more guilt free days of my eating extravaganza so tell me everything!
11 comments:
I am still laughing from reading your post. I don't even want to think what my pie chart would look like. But Daxton has turned out fine. And I want to wish you a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!I hope you are going to do something fun tonight. Maybe go get beef and cheddar melts. LOL. Later yo! Again Happy Birthday!
Oh I hear ya sista!!! I was all over those beef and cheddars too! That and Jamba juice!
Yeah, I think we all could come up with a sad pie chart. I became addicted to strawberry kiwi gatorade. Water seemed to taste bad and I packed a lot of extra calories drinking that instead.
(this is Abby) Hilarious post! I ate a dozen donuts/week the last month and gained five lbs/week. Impressive huh?
Hey, will you add me as a reader of your blog so that my comments can be more girlie? Nothing like writing something girlie and having it signed by "tetonmark."
abby.merkley@gmail.com
I remember that night with the beef and cheddars! I really enjoy Arby's too. Crumb donuts and fudge stripe cookies have been my weakness this time around.
Hooray thanks!
I have yet to crave the same thing over and over, but a lot of my cravings had to do with icecream and a waffle cone from BaskinRobbins. As for guilt free days of eating those end when you are not nursing anymore.
I love this post! My pie chart would have lots of spicy food and Strawberry Limeaids from Sonic (I seriously had one a day during my last trimester - minus Sundays of course - thank goodness for happy hour). I hope that you had a great birthday this past Thursday. I can't wait to meet little Sadie.
I love your blog, Kelly! I can't wait to see pictures of Sadie and meet her... Brady was Taco Bell Tostadas and Club Crackers, Drake was Shock Tarts and Beef Jerky, and Aidan was Keva Juice (like Jamba) and KFC mashed potatoes... I love the pie chart ~ good to see that I'm not the only nerd around! :)
I am so excited that you are so close to having little Sadie. Love the name by the way. I hope everything goes well and that you even are early (if you haven't already had her!) Take care!
haha. That is such a fun idea.
Lately I've been eating a lot of nutella... on bread, bananas, and apples. Yum.
Also oreos dunked in milk.
and Belgian candy, laffy taffy, and charleston chew.
Basically all junk.
Post a Comment