12.13.2010

Advent Activities – Part I

AdventWeb

Each day Sadie puts an ornament up and picks a box with an activity and piece of candy. I started off with a master plan of what activities I wanted to do with the girls each day, but it has turned into a “do whatever we feel like” smorgasbord of events. I guess you do whatever you can when you are taking care of two busy babies!

AdventWeb1

Sadie put these two ornaments by each other because she said they were “brothers”. It made me laugh! And here she is enjoying one of her surprises!

_DSC7057Web

Day 1 - Surprise Daddy at work and decorate office, & write Santa a letter

Sadie wants a dolly house and candy. She pretty much feels a need to tell everyone she knows.

Day 1Web_1

Dec 2: Make Hand print wreath and Snowman purse

Day 2Web

Dec 3: Play Break the Ice, do a service & go to Ward Christmas Party

Day-3_1Web

The girls wanted nothing to do with Santa.

Day-3Web

Dec 4: Go to Holiday Carnival & get our Christmas tree

_DSC7067web_DSC7069Web

We went to Brian’s ISU school party and of course the girls freaked out again when they saw Santa. Sadie was pretty much hyperventilating, but they took a liking to Mrs. Claus. There were so many fun little crafts for the kids to do and free lunch! I guess it is one of the few perks of Brian busting his butt in school.

_DSC7065cosmo

Emmy started full-fledged crawling the day we got our Christmas tree. She has so many funny faces!

CrawlingWeb

Not sure why I wanted a picture with the elf. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

_DSC7078

Dec 5: Watch First Presidency Message & decorate tree

_DSC7081Web_DSC7114web

We got our tree from the same place as last year. It still smells amazing! Even though I keep telling Brian that we should just get a fake tree, there is nothing that gets me in the Christmas mood faster than the smell of a Noble Fir.

_DSC7109Web

Sadie helped us decorate and was really excited over every ornament we pulled out. We put her to bed and we were about to watch the First Presidency Christmas devotional when we heard a crack and the tree started to fall. Our stand had broken because the trunk of the tree was insanely crooked. Brian’s parents rescued us and brought over a heavy duty tree stand at about 10:30pm Sunday night. They helped us transfer it and pretty much saved us. It is so nice living close to family! We still have yet to watch the Christmas devotional. Maybe this next Sunday.

_DSC7116web_DSC7117web

Dec 6: Sadie & Poppa’s date to Grandma’s Choralaires Concert

We go on “family dates” with Sadie and Emmy each Friday and then a couples date most Saturdays so Sadie knows dates to be “a fun outing where a treat is involved”. So we told Sadie that Papa was going to take her on a date to Grandma’s Choralaires concert and she was bouncing off the walls happy. I helped her get all ready by cleaning the boogers out of her nose, and packing her purse with a diaper, a piece of candy, and one toy. Brian and I stayed up waiting for her to come home and we realized that we had many more nights like this ahead of us! Sadie had a blast and loves her Papa!

Dec 7: Go to story time at Library and pick out Christmas books. Bread at Great Harvest afterward (of course!)

DSCN1519

DSCN1517

Dec 8: Send Christmas Cards, open Gong & Nanny’s Christmas present

It was such great timing. We got their present about an hour before Sadie had one of her favorite friends over to play. She was in heaven! Emmy loves it too. She squeals in excitement when she goes down the slide.

_DSC7177

Dec 9: Decorate for Momma’s Party

We rearranged the furniture for a girls party I had at my house and now Brian won’t let us move it back. He said that is the only present he wants for the rest of the year. That makes my job easySmile

_DSC7194

Dec 10: Paint Christmas colored toenails, make paper bag reindeer, & buy buy sister gifts

_DSC7211_DSC7213

I named off all the reindeer to Sadie and she chose Blitzen to be her hand puppet.

_DSC7219

Sadie and I have been going Christmas shopping a lot together after we put Emmy down at 6pm. Sadie brings her coin purse and we take off while Brian has been study for finals. Sadie picked Emmy out an adorable baby doll that squeaks, rattles, and has a crunching noise. She wrapped it up that night and put it under the tree. She knew just what to do. I still need to figure out what Emmy is going to be getting Sadie.

Dec 11: Buy Sadie & Emmy’s ornament and make angel journal

_DSC7230-copyweb

_DSC7236Web_DSC7221

_DSC7237-copyWeb

8 comments:

Towne Family said...

Wow! You've been busy. And your blog is all different looking. Very cute. I love your tall tree. We haven't been able to find a place that sells them that tall. Maybe next year. Keep up with the countdown!

Kimberly said...

thanks for posting this. we are doing this for the 12 days of christmas and I needed a few more ideas!

devrie said...

looks like a blast. you guys sure know how to have a good time!
ps. i'm jealous of the girls' night. nobody down here does stuff like that. way to be the fun-maker!

Brenda said...

I'm exhausted just looking at all your activities and crafts! It's nice that you have such energy, joy and creativity for the holdays. I was always just trying to survive when y'all were little kids. I love all the fun pix of the girls. You have a knack for capturing their personalities!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh Kel! Super duper ambitious and fun of you. Sadie and Emmy are major lucky duckies to have you for a Mom!!

Sharee said...

Oh how I miss you Kelly! You are such a wonderful, fun mother. I love all the ideas that you have and the cute advent calendar that you made. You are so creative!

k8e said...

Holy Cow!!! THis is awesome! You are so creative and motivated!!! I feel like a boring mom now...

Snedakers said...

You've been busy!! Looks like a ton of fun! The pretzels were yummy too.