12.06.2010

Thanksgiving

_DSC6220-copyWeb

Thanksgiving morning, while we were watching the parade on TV, the dancers from Billy Elliott on Broadway were on and Sadie ran out of the room and returned with her leotard and clunky brown shoes. She had to look the part so she could dance along side.

EatingSnowWeb

Luckily Sadie has a fun Dad that will take her outside and build snowmen and play. I am lame and keep getting a big bowl of snow for Sadie and Emmy to play with at the kitchen table. I am just a wimp when it comes to the cold. I guess I did take Sadie out to jump on the trampoline while it was snowing one day so I give myself props for that.

_DSC6237

_DSC6568-copyWeb

We spent Thanksgiving at Grandma and Papa Stewart’s house and Sadie felt like such a big girl sitting at the kids table with all of her older cousins.

NOV_0257

Sadie was Kaya’s shadow the entire weekend and I don’t think Kaya minded at all. They became the best little buddies and stayed busy doing silly things like rolling peppers into pie crust. Whatever keeps them happy!

NOV_2009

NOV_2018

NOV_2033-copy

NOV_2024

The next day everyone went and played basketball at the gym, while I went to Shelley to take pictures of a 50’s party where everyone was dressed up cute to celebrate a couple’s 50th wedding anniversary. Later we all met up at Leo’s and played.

_DSC6570

That weekend we went on a double date with Devin and Neesha to the Da Vinci exhibit at the museum here in town and then out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. I really wish they lived here so we could do more fun things with them.

DSCN1511DSCN1512

DSCN1513DSCN1514

This was my one of my crafts for the month and it was hilarious to ask Sadie what she was thankful for each day, but even better when we would ask her what she thought Emmy was thankful for. Brian and I threw some stuff on there too. I found that this activity really helped Sadie in saying her prayers because she had been thinking about all the things she was thankful for all day long and could list them all out in her prayer. When she has been saying her prayers lately she says “And please bless this and this and this” and she reaches out and touches each of the corners of her bed. She’s a funny girl.

_DSC6580

I may as well put these on here too. My Halloween crafts...

_DSC6581

I figured why make a new post...so here is more stuff we did in the month of November.

DSCN1499-copyWeb

We went to the Collin Raye concert up at BYU-I and heard Brian’s extremely talented cousin, Melanie, who is the pianist in the band. Brian and I aren’t really country fans, but we knew almost every single song.

DSCN1500

Brian’s Mom and I took the girls to the Festival of Trees, and Brian and his Dad surprised us and showed up a little after we did. There was a children’s performing group singing when we got there and I can totally see Sadie wanting to do something like that when she gets a little older. She loves learning new songs.

DSCN1508

DSCN1509

This has got to be one of the most random things we have done recently – we took Brian’s Mom her birthday present about five months after her birthday (the first present didn't work) and Sadie really wanted to sing Happy Birthday and have Grandma blow out candles so we scrambled and came up with a piece of bread with candles popping out.

NOV_0253

NOV_0255

Next up I am going to post all the fun advent activities that have been keeping us busy.

7 comments:

Towne Family said...

I'm glad Kaya has someone she can 'take care of' since everyone is always doing it for her. I think it makes her feel like a big girl, and she LOVES that! Sadie can have her anytime.

devrie said...

what a fun month! it's always good to see what you've been up to. by the way, the pic on your header is GORGEOUS!

Us Bailey's said...

You sure had a fun thanksgiving! I loved the picture with Sadie in her leotard! So cute! You definitely get props for playing in the snow. You are much better than I have been. I send Joel out by himself! Can't wait to see the fun things you've been doing with your advent calendar! Good luck!

Katie said...

Kel, what a fantastic post. Loved all the craftiness and adventures. Sadie is such a crack up!

m@R(! said...

FUN PICTURES!!! i love the dole shirt. :) Your house looks so cutely decorated.

Lisa said...

Did I really make it on the "Thankful" board? I'm just tickled by everything listed. I love it!

Brenda said...

Wow....fun catchup time for me. You have the cutest little girls in I.F. Lisa and I went to a UVU musical bash that had Colin Raye as one of the performers. He is very talented....we probably even saw Brian's cousin and just didn't realize~~~