This is the ornament advent I made last year and I finally found cute ornaments at Hobby Lobby, and this is our “Elf on the Shelf” that Sadie thinks is great. When we first got it she would run by it and say, “I made it”, as if it was going to jump out and get her. Probably because we told her that “Mr. Jingles” was watching her and was going to report to Santa. Then we sorta changed it to Mr. Jingles moving during nap time and at night (whenever we remember really) and that he brings her treats and dances when she is sleeping. It’s made it a lot more fun for her.
Dec 12: Go On a Lights Drive and Watch Christmas movie
Last year when we took Sadie to look at the lights she was not interested and was pretty cranky, so I guess we figured Emmy would act the same, but no way! Emmy LOVED the lights. Especially the ones at the Owen’s house that are synchronized to music. I wish I would have had my camera with me. Emmy was wearing a little teddy bear hat and she was standing on Brian’s lap leaning out the window (the car was fogging so we had to open our windows) and just smiling and bouncing the entire time. Sadie was in the back of the car throwing a fit! I guess nothing has changed for her since last year.
Dec 13: Finger Christmas Ornament
While Brian was taking his last final in accounting (which he got a 95% on woot, woot!) and Emmy slept, Sadie and I were making these ornaments.
Dec 14: Make Treats for neighbors and deliver them
...and we are still delivering them!
Dec 15: Make Christmas frames & graham cracker houses
we sort of just ate the graham crackers and candy and never really made it, but we will make our real one Christmas Eve so it is all good!
3 comments:
Cute advent calendar and ornaments and those pretzels really do look yummy~~ I can see that Sadie and her friend are proud that they endured Santa long enough to get a picture:) Brian is so smart to get a 95 on an accounting final and I'm sure you're all glad that he doesn't have to feel that stress anymore~
Wow you are really amazing. Where do you find your energy? I was just reading through part one and thinking this girl is a super mom here. I'm very impressed!
Love Mr. Jingles. And I still love your advent countdown. Someday I will copy it :)
Post a Comment