3.03.2008

Sprinkle Me With Powdered Sugar

We had a very fun Sunday. Brian and I made angel food cake from scratch (which is something I don't normally try to do). Brian helped me sift the flour and sugar a bunch of times and I had to beat the eggs for what seemed like an eternity. I was happily surprised that the cake looked and ended up tasting like it was suppose to. I decided that since we were going to be feeding people this cake I should make it look a little nicer and lightly dust powdered sugar over it. I was only going to do a light layer, but Brian told me to add more...and more...he said he wanted me to hide all of the imperfections... Brian then went on to say that he wished I could sprinkle powder sugar over him to hide all of his imperfections. Maybe you just had to be there, but it was SO FUNNY! I laugh daily at his quirky comments :)

We also played the Wii for the first time with some friends which is an experience all in itself. Brian threw the controller and hit the wall once (oops) and I lost every game I played...bowling, boxing, and tennis (we did win once though...wahoo!) We are very glad to be in a fun social neighborhood.
And just for fun here is a belly shot of me close to 22 weeks.

9 comments:

Katie said...

I know I was supposed to be looking at your belly...but holy cow. Your hair is getting sooo long! You and the cake are both looking imperfectionless :)

Kelly said...

Thanks Kate...Brian cut it about an inch and a half a few weeks ago...it hasn't been feeling that long to me since then.

natalie said...

Yay for preggo belly shots!
Also just in response to earlier posts... I can't believe you weren't sure if Edward was a vampire. heehee. That is funny. I guess no one gave it away for you like they did for me!
I love that book.
As for kids' bedding: pottery barn kids has THE cutest stuff. It is sort of pricey, but you could just wait for a sale (i think it might be in aug for linens) and in the meantime just stick a sheet on the crib since she can't roll around anyways!
I got Bryn's at Burlington Coat Factory of all places! They have a baby section.

Belnap Family said...

I totally want to try playing a Wii. I think it looks so fun! And your belly looks very cute by the way. You always have the cutest maternity clothes!

Lisa said...

Cute! I love your little belly. You are a cute pregnant lady. I love your blogg, how do you get the cute backgrounds? Mine is so boring I need help. We miss you guys.

tetonmark said...

You are so cute! (Don't freak out, this is Abbie not Mark) I love your blog and I'm so excited for you to have your baby. Girls are the best, I am biased though.

~Cmac~ said...

You are beautiful!

kristen said...

yay! i love belly pics... keep em coming! you are so cute!

m@R(! said...

cute and pregnant!!!!