2.16.2012

We Heart Valentine’s Day!

I am going to come back to b-day posts because we had two big birthday’s before V-day, but those post always take me some time to put together so here you go...

VALENTINE’S DAY!

We awoke to fun surprises on the kitchen table from Brian. Sadie was so excited to have her candy kiss treats, but she had a little breakdown when she asked me if she could go to the store and buy herself more flowers (I guess one rose wasn’t enough for her). I tried to explain that on V-day we buy flowers and make things for other people and that made her super sad at 6:30 in the morning. So I told her when she is older and has a job she can spend her money on whatever she wanted. That seemed to satisfy her and stop the tears.

_DSC6536

_DSC6539

I put some rhoades roll cinnamon and orange rolls in the fridge the night before so they were ready to pop in the oven in the morning. It was a nice festive sugar buzz.

_DSC6547

_DSC6565

I had a few things I needed to put together so we called up Sadie and Emmy’s trusty friends Laci and Teegan and they played all morning long while I did a little playing of my own.

V-dayWeb4

I put together a few neighbor treats and Sadie and Emmy’s Valentines, and by the afternoon we were ready to deliver a few things. Only one person was home so we got everything around really fast and just in time to take Sadie to Tavaci.

_DSC6607

_DSC6555

I couldn’t find Emmy during all the morning chaos, but she had just found a nice quiet place to hang out for a little while.

_DSC6570

Brian got a little Valentine that I had thought up a few weeks ago. He hasn’t had a key to the mailbox for a few years now, so I finally made him a copy and turned it into a cheesy Valentine.

_DSC6610_DSC6611

Emmy got a little impromptu photoshoot V-day.

V-dayWebV-dayWeb1

I really wanted her to hold the kiss in front of her lips like we kind of did last year, but the chocolate temptation was too much for a little Em.

V-dayWeb2V-dayWeb3

One year ago – MY VALENTINE’S!

Xo-Xo-Xo

That night Brian took me on a fun date. We got Chinese food, went shopping at the mall (so much fun without children) 

and then got some Orange Leaf. That night we watched The River (our new favorite TV series. It is seriously awesome) and then a little of the movie, Valentine’s Day.

Hope you all had a great one too!

_DSC5628

No comments: