1.20.2013

Twas the Night Before Christmas

We spent the first half the day driving back from Utah and got home around 3pm. Brian went out to pick up some of our favorite food for our traditional Christmas Eve chowfest! The girls picked out squeeze its, I always get sushi, and Brian got boneless buffalo wings, egg rolls, and a lot of treats.  While he was out fighting the crowds, Bree took a nap and I set up a train set my Mom gave us. I was so happy when Brian arrived home safe because it was a blizzard out there.
 I set up Bree on the ground with her own picnic and she was happy with the freedom of feeding herself. 
 That night we did a little program where the girls danced around, Sadie did her dance from class and some songs from preschool.
 I can already see it next year...three little ballerina's.
 Brian read from Luke and the girls took turns dressing up.
 I love how intrigued Sadie is with the scriptures. She always asks us the most profound gospel questions throughout the day.
 It seems like there are always so many Christmas Eve traditions and since our girls go to bed kind of early it is hard to get everything in, but we still managed the Christmas Eve pajama shot.
And lastly Sadie got some Reindeer food from preschool with a lot of sparkles and made sure she put out the most delicious looking cookies for Santa that she made at the Thurman cookie bake. I'm sure Santa loved the cookie sandwich.

No comments: