On Christmas Eve we made a cute little gingerbread house and bought all the treats for our feast later that night. The tradition goes that everyone gets to pick out whatever food they want, so I got sushi and three different types of Martinelli's, Brian got little smokies and boneless buffalo wings, and Sadie picked out pineapple and shrimp. After bath time, Brian read to us How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Twas’ the Night Before Christmas, and Luke II. After Sadie went to bed, Brian and I watched Elf and a little bit of A Christmas Story. Then we got some of Sadie’s toys set up for the next morning. Sadie was having a strange eye bacterial thing going on that luckily my Dad diagnosed the day before and prescribed her some eye drops that cleared it up pretty fast. I am still very thankful to him because she was suffering!
Christmas Morning started at 6:30am which is kinda strange because usually Sadie sleeps in until 7:30 – 8am, but she must have felt the excitement in the air. I remember last year opening presents seemed to go by really quick, but this year Sadie wanted to play with each toy and read every book after we opened it so everything took about two hours. Brian had spent the week before making Sadie some really fun blocks and even sacrificed the tip of his finger. For breakfast we had our traditional monkey bread and cuties. Here are some highlights from the day. It was such a great Christmas!
2 comments:
Ooh! The pictures are all so big and beautiful! I want to know what "monkey" bread is :)
Haha, I was wondering about the monkey bread too! But Sadie looks super cute with her own stroller.
Post a Comment